Feeling creative this Christmas?
Arty before the fartyness of brussels on the big day?
A thirty technique which is simply golden.
Have a go at loggin’
Through this I meen decorate a lovely log to look great on either a mantlepiece or table centrepiece.
5 easy steps
- Find a discarded branch in your local park or woodland area, then allow it to dry out in the warm of your home.
- Coat loosely with a white acrylic allowing the bark to show through. Repeat with some silver acrylic and allow to dry.
- Add some gold leaf. Break off small sections then stipple onto the branch using PVA and a paintbrush. Allow to dry overnight.
- More gold, here I’ve used pumice stone with PVA but you could select another grain.
- Hang some decorations in place and enjoy your creation.